Suggestions For Tub Plants In Day Long Shade

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Reaction score
have almost finished my garden, but one area along side the house gets no sun at all, so am going to put a load of tubs there with plants that dont need direct/strong sun, would like a climbing plant if possible to cover the garden wall
any ideas?
thanks
shelagh xx

Climbing Hydranga, will cover the wall or fence quickly and has lots of little white flowers. Mine gets no sun at all and is doing a great covering job. :good:

thanks both.. the hydranga (sp?) sounds nice, so do the ferns, im assuming the hydrangas are readily availible?

I got mine from a gardening show, was quite small but cheaper. I don't know if their easy to propagate. Tell you what I'm going to give it a try, I've got some spare compost. I'll take a cutting tonight, will let you know who I get on. :good:

Hi Shelagh, just googled (hydrangea anomala subsp petiolaris) I can start the process off tonight, but it will take around 8 weeks for it to root properly. Can you wait that long :blink:

Hi Shelagh, just googled (hydrangea anomala subsp petiolaris) I can start the process off tonight, but it will take around 8 weeks for it to root properly. Can you wait that long :blink:

yes actually i can, have done the garden from nothing to gorgeous so im shattered :lol:.. let me know how it goes, im in no hurry at all
good.gif

Dicentra, Bleeding Heart is a lovely plant that does well in pots. The little heart shaped flowers are beautiful.

Dicentra, Bleeding Heart is a lovely plant that does well in pots. The little heart shaped flowers are beautiful. Oh, and it loves the shade. For climbing plants Ivy loves the shade and is hugely beneficial to wildlife and doesn't destroy your walls as some would have us believe. and also covers very quickly needing no trellis or supports as clings with little suckers.

Most reactions

trending

Back