Suggestions for my 10G

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I have One male platy and four females (along with about 6-8 pretty young platies but they are going in another tank). 7 danios, and one goldfish, tetra (can't remember which). The goldfish and tetra are oddballs that ended up in the tank somehow. I need to get some type of bottom feeders as the corys I had died off (I don't think I was feeding them enough sinking pellets). But the golds should go well with the platies and danios right?
-Josh

Goldfish are cold-water....don't believe they're recommended to house w/ tropicals. Think they also grow fairly large and are not suitable for a 10gal. :unsure:

The goldfish is in the 25G. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.
-Josh

i know goldfish are cold water and all but i had 2 goldfish in a bowl for a year till i got my first tank. I kept them in with tropicals at 75 degrees and they lived forever....when they got to big i gave em to my neighbor who has a pond.

stev-o , u mean it? lol, things can get a little change and not always following the rules of fish keeping, ah who cares about rules!! lol

I've had the goldfish for about 4-5 months now and have the tank at a steady 77 degrees and he/she seems to love it. Swims around and has a good time with the other fish. I'm hoping that I can buy a house of my own before he gets too big for the tank because I want a pond to have fish in. How long do goldfish live for (if given the proper care and room)?
-Josh

that explains it i probably saw gold gourami. i liked the corryanda was a good sugestion. black neons, zebra danio? or perhaps a siamese fighter or as they like to call them here beta.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back