Suggestions For A Centerpiece For A 20 Gallon Long.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jack.s

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I have a 20 gallon long tank and I am looking for a center piece.

Currently in the tank :
6 guppies
1 platy
2 Siamese algae eaters

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Hello, and 
welcomeani.gif
to TFF!

What is your pH?
Do you have soft or hard water?

Any specific color you're looking for?

My ph is neutral and I have hard water no particular colour open to all suggestions! Thanks a lot

May I also say that my tank is 20 uk gallons so that is 25 us gallons

Bogwood and driftwood is always nice, you can look at some in you LFS, and as a bonus it is all natural and no two pieces are the same! And you could grow plants like Anubias or Java Fern on it. I would love to see a pic of the tank :D

Sorry neontetra97 i didn't make my self clear, I meant centerpiece fish!!

Thanxs anyway

Oh haha sorry 
tongue2.gif
 im also looking for a centrepiece fish at the moment so I will keep an eye on this!

A nice piece of mopani with a few different extentions would look really nice. You could attach plants to the wood for a more full effect.

Be careful of those siamese algae eaters. while not all are aggressive, they have the tendency to be. 

Are honey gouramis hardy? I as also looking at apistos, wha do you think thanxs

Most honeys are hardy, though it depends on the genetics as some are hardier than others.

I have no experience with apistos sorry, hopefully someone else can advise on them :)

I have both apistogramma and honey gourami in my tank both are doing fine and both trying to breed and I have hard water too from Tom

thanxs for all the brilliant replies,

i think i am going to go for an apisto, any care advise or other suggestions for species would be greatly appreciated.

Siamese algae eaters aren't really suitable for a tank that's not at least 4 feet long.  A 20G Long is only about 3 feet long, so its a bit small for them, especially as they grow.  Ideally, they should grow up to 6 inches long each.  One of the real reasons for this requirement, is that they are a shoaling species, and should be kept in groups of 6 or so.

What should I do about that should I try and regime them? I don't know how I would go about doing that.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back