Suggest some good ideas for 20 gallon long tank set up

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Aniket

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I wanted to use artificial plants, gravels, driftwood and some stones.
I was thinking about planted tank bit it require lot of maintenance.

why should a plant tank require a lot of maintenance?

you set it up, add plants, turn the light on, and add some liquid iron based plant fertiliser a few times a week.

do a water change like you would on a fish tank and that's it.

why should a plant tank require a lot of maintenance?

you set it up, add plants, turn the light on, and add some liquid iron based plant fertiliser a few times a week.

do a water change like you would on a fish tank and that's it.
It require fertilizers which are bit costly for me. And i wanted to make it with less cost. Plant cutting and i dont know if we add sand in it then i think water change or removing fish waste is hard with vaccum pump

It require fertilizers which are bit costly for me. And i wanted to make it with less cost. Plant cutting and i dont know if we add sand in it then i think water change or removing fish waste is hard with vaccum pump
Hows Banyan tree wood as driftwood?

If aquarium fertilisers are an issue, grow the plants into 1 or 2 litre plastic icecream buckets.

Put an inch of gravel in the bucket.
Spread a thin layer of granulated garden fertiliser over the gravel.
Spread a 6mm (1/4 inch) layer of powdered red or orange clay over the fertiliser.
Fill the container with more gravel and plant the plants into the gravel.

As the plants grow, their roots head down through the clay and get a heap of nutrients and even more when they get to the fertiliser. The clay will stop the fertiliser leaching into the water.

You can smear some silicon around the outside of the container and stick sand or gravel to it so it blends in with the substrate.

If aquarium fertilisers are an issue, grow the plants into 1 or 2 litre plastic icecream buckets.

Spread a 6mm (1/4 inch) layer of powdered red or orange clay over the fertiliser.

As the plants grow, their roots head down through the clay and get a heap of nutrients and even more when they get to the fertiliser. The clay will stop the fertiliser leaching into the water.

You can smear some silicon around the outside of the container and stick sand or gravel to it so it blends in with the substrate.
Do you have any video link with this.

no video, it's just how we grew plants at the aquatic plant farm years ago.

I dont understand how to introduce bucket fertilizer in aquarium

You add some garden fertiliser to the icecream bucket with gravel and then cover the fertiliser with clay and more gravel to stop it leaching into the aquarium water.

The image is the best I can do.
icecream container with gravel, fertiliser, clay and more gravel. And my attempt at drawing a plant using MS Paint :)

Attachments

• POT PLANT.jpg
    POT PLANT.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back