Suggest fish for my 38 gal please!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Thanks for all the info folks. Of course my LFS informed they have not had Honeys in about 8 months and rarely see them gah!

Any other idea on brightly colored, peaceful centerpiece fish?

They did have Bolivian Rams which looked pretty cool in the store. However I am kind of hoping to get a fish that is more of a mid to top level swimmer. The top of my tank looks rather empty, while mid and bottom is quite busy with my current stock.
A pair of pearl gouramis if they sell them

Last edited:
thank you for the info! If I do get a pair of honey gourami, if they did have the virus would it kill my tetras and corys?
Theoretically any fish in a tank could catch a virus, however there have been no reported cases of the gourami Iridiovirus transferring to tetras, barbs or catfish. That doesn't mean it won't happen, just that there haven't been any cases to date. But all viruses are capable of mutating and infecting other closely related species. Having said that, honey gouramis are not normally infected by the Iridovirus.

----------------------
Have you looked at Rhadinocentrus ornatus or Iriatherina werneri for something different?

The following link has information about all the different species of rainbowfish from Australia and New Guinea. Most rainbowfish do best in water with a pH above 7.0 and a GH above 200ppm. However, the two aforementioned species (Rhadinocentrus and Iriatherina) naturally come from soft acid water. A group of 6-10 Rhadinocentrus or 10-20 Iriatherinas would look good.

So another LFS got in honey gouramis! But they only have males. Would a single male be okay? Or do they need to have friends of their own species in the tank?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back