FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

biofish

Fish Addict
Pet of the Month šŸŽ–ļø
Reaction score
F84E7BB1-6958-4211-88A4-CEF1A368BAFA.jpeg
C2601A03-A42F-4491-B243-E0C812C91FBA.jpeg

???? Help? Please? Itā€™s white and fuzzy.

Iā€™ve seen this on a couple other of my fish but MUCH smaller and it typically kills them. I donā€™t know what it is or how it spreads. So. Help šŸ„ŗ the white fuzz always appears at the anal area and no where else

Last edited:
More information: itā€™s only happened on a few fish. Only seems to affect my guppy fry. Iā€™m not sure if this is a fungus or that white cotton diseaseā€¦ the white cotton disease Looks a bit different though and in different locations. Iā€™ve had a bit of dying plants in my tank which I just cleaned up today which might have caused it. Are there any medications you would recommend? Should I do a few more hefty water changes?

The fish's intestine has popped out of its butt. There's no treatment. Sometimes it goes back in by itself, other times it doesn't. It's caused by inbreeding and poor genetics.

The fish's intestine has popped out of its butt. There's no treatment. Sometimes it goes back in by itself, other times it doesn't. It's caused by inbreeding and poor genetics.
Even though itā€™s all fuzzy? And yeahā€¦ that would make sense; the inbreeding part. This particular fry was born from a lady I bought from the store and she hadnā€™t had a chance to mingle with my males yet.

Most reactions

Back