Suction cups

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of a source for aquarium suctions cups? Not just any suction cups, but ones that are specific to the hardware I need them for. As far as I know, of the equipment I have, it's only possible to get OEM cups from OASE. As it is, the rest just deteriorate to the point that I have to meatball a solution to keep things nicely mounted.

I got clear and black cups from Amazon, they are stiff, cheap plastic things you must put together and they don’t hold their suction. They perform slightly better underwater, but not satisfactorily. I want soft silicone pieces that perform, like the feet of your submersible current pump.

You understand exactly what I'm looking for, Val. Thank you! I sort of expected to be viewed as behaving obsessively. Maybe the OEM's will figure out that they can make more money by offering real replacements.

I’m not sure if Aqueon soles replacements, but the suction cups on my Aqueon QuietFlow are excellent.

The suction cups on my Tetra filter however, are trash, and couldn’t hold a filter up in water to save the world.

You understand exactly what I'm looking for, Val. Thank you! I sort of expected to be viewed as behaving obsessively. Maybe the OEM's will figure out that they can make more money by offering real replacements.
I hope so, but I don’t expect. The profit margins for the sellers must be 500%, based on the obvious cheap quality.

I’m not sure if Aqueon soles replacements, but the suction cups on my Aqueon QuietFlow are excellent.

I'll check to see if they can be useful in my situation and if we can just order some. Of the FRU's I have the finnex heater cups are the best. The first 2 I had lasted 4-years. Their problem is that finnex don't exist as a real company so much as a subsidiary of Amazon. This means there's no one to call for replacement parts/support. The upside is that Amazon will replace finnex heaters/thermostats at the drop of a hat, any hat. :sly:

Thank you peas, I will try on exterior rear tank wall. I still think all of us would applaud some sturdy soft silicone suction cups for inside our tanks.

For external work, like plumbing and wires I've been using Velcro Extreme. It takes patience and imagination to install, but it's secure. Perhaps good silicone cups aren't worth producing for aftermarket, because they'd last a long time?

For external work, like plumbing and wires I've been using Velcro Extreme. It takes patience and imagination to install, but it's secure. Perhaps good silicone cups aren't worth producing for aftermarket, because they'd last a long time?
We call that "job security".

Reactions: 663
I'll check to see if they can be useful in my situation and if we can just order some. Of the FRU's I have the finnex heater cups are the best. The first 2 I had lasted 4-years. Their problem is that finnex don't exist as a real company so much as a subsidiary of Amazon. This means there's no one to call for replacement parts/support. The upside is that Amazon will replace finnex heaters/thermostats at the drop of a hat, any hat. :sly:
If you bought the filter off of Amazon, complain to them! Let them know that the filters works fine, but the suction cups are trash. They may send you replacement cups, or a brand new filter.

If you bought the filter off of Amazon, complain to them! Let them know that the filters works fine, but the suction cups are trash. They may send you replacement cups, or a brand new filter.

:) If a suction cup goes south it does so after a while. That means I'd have to spend time trying to BS phone support months after the initial purchase. Being that I'm an honorable man I'd much rather simply buy a supply of cups, or have them gifted to me, like OASE did. Another option would be having the cups manufactured to last at least as long as the part that they secure.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back