Successful breeding of Gymnogeophagus Terrapurpurra!!! (Plus a small article)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Nope, only pictures I have are the ones on here. I like to let the fish do it themselves, it’s more natural and way easier on me.

Gymnogeophagus are a Genus of Geophagines, like Geophagus, Mikrogeophagus, Apistogramma and a bunch of others. They're from farther south than most of their relatives, and like cooler temperatures as a result. We think of south as warmer, but once you start heading in the direction of antarctica, things get temperate.

I had that fish before they were named, and I confess, I found them difficult. They were a bit aggressive with each other, and I never could breed them. It's a real accomplishment, though it leads to raising some to adulthood next. Bravo for getting fry, and be brave if you decide to steal them.

Gymnogeophagus are a Genus of Geophagines, like Geophagus, Mikrogeophagus, Apistogramma and a bunch of others. They're from farther south than most of their relatives, and like cooler temperatures as a result. We think of south as warmer, but once you start heading in the direction of antarctica, things get temperate.

I had that fish before they were named, and I confess, I found them difficult. They were a bit aggressive with each other, and I never could breed them. It's a real accomplishment, though it leads to raising some to adulthood next. Bravo for getting fry, and be brave if you decide to steal them.
Hm mine basically raise themselves! As for raising to adulthood, they are aggressive but I’ve only ever had one death, I assume from agression.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back