Substrate

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Gaz111

Reaction score
Iā€™m still abit undecided exactly what route I want to go with fish wise but Corys/ catfish will be in there so Iā€™m thinking a sand I want a planted aquarium. Do you need like a sub substrate for plants?

On a side note I couldnā€™t believe how expensive lfs was for wood compared to the range got this lot for Ā£26 the same wood/ size was Ā£96 from there! Iā€™m more than happy to help locals but come on!

Attachments

• 5B0251A0-192E-484F-8276-667004B552AC.jpeg
    5B0251A0-192E-484F-8276-667004B552AC.jpeg
    266.4 KB · Views: 24
  • CBADF084-B7FA-4BFB-8392-C4043264FE06.jpeg
    CBADF084-B7FA-4BFB-8392-C4043264FE06.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 28
Sand is certainly the best way to go if cories are intented šŸ™‚ you will just need some root tabs to pop under your sand to feed your substrate plants.

Sand is certainly the best way to go if cories are intented šŸ™‚ you will just need some root tabs to pop under your sand to feed your substrate plants.
Ok cheers i had just sand years ago been seeing these plant substrate but didnā€™t know if these are worth it? Play sand is good yea?

Ok cheers i had just sand years ago been seeing these plant substrate but didnā€™t know if these are worth it? Play sand is good yea?
Its all i use šŸ‘ cant beat it for me

15kg from argos Ā£5.50

Only problem with sand is plants may be easy uprooted by fish. I've tried shrimp sand, sand. The substrate I found worked best for me was eco complete black gravel looking stuff kept cory's and they breed a few times. Decided to remove them and gave them to a friend they just dug around too much for my liking. Replaced them with 5 small bristle nosed pleco. I picked up dwarf corys in another tank they are doing good and only get to be an inch long. Had 3 now have 6 in my rasbora tank they seem to be breeding. I just got frustrated with bigger corys moving moss and plants.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back