Submersible Water Filter With Built-In Air Pump

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

milindsaraswala

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
In my tank I have submersible water filter with Air pump. Picture is attached. 

It have pipe which we have to connect at one end which should be keep outside the tank. So it will blow air bubble (i.e. Oxygen) from the other end . But when I connect pipe on other end from where air bubble comes to connect to air bubble ornament, it will start coming water from the other end which are keeping outside tank

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:73058]

Somebody knows, how to connect to air bubble ornament

Attachments

• 381957791_347.jpg
    381957791_347.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 56
That's a power head with a venturi fitting. It sucks in air as the water flows, any back pressure on it and it may well, as you're experiencing, send water back up the venturi pipe.

Sadly I doubt that you can use them for ornaments.

Hi,

I'm afraid you are going to have to purchase a separate air pump to feed your bubble ornament. The pump you have there is not suitable for connection to any air stone or ornament.

What you have in the image looks like it might be a water pump for a lid filtration system? The air is drawn out of the small outlet spout by water as it passes under force which means you will not get only air coming out but water and air. If the outlet spout is too deep in the water then the water pressure will be too great and you will only get water coming out. If you install the pump near the surface with nothing attached to the spout outlet you will see a stream of bubbles, the deeper you push the pump into the water the fewer bubbles you will see.

You must not connect anything else to the outlet spout where the water and air comes out as that will provide resistance, this will result in the water finding a route of less resistance which in this case is up your air feed pipe and out of your tank. This can also happen if you have the pump too deep in the water.

I can only second the others. What you got is NOT an air pump but a water pump which can suck in some air to enrich the water with oxygen. The outlet will always eject water. And if u block it by connecting it to your ornament the water will ook for a different way and come out the part you have to keep outside the tank.

Most reactions

Back