Stupid real estate agents.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Colin_T

Fish Guru
Reaction score
Last week I tried to apply for a rental property next door because my place is supposed to be going on the market in March and I need somewhere to live.

I contacted the real estate agent via their website and asked how I am meant to submit an online application when I don't have a telephone. They did a copy and paste and said go to this link and fill out the online application.

I responded and thanked them for the link but said it didn't answer my question. I then asked how I was meant to make an online application when I don't have a telephone. They apparently want a mobile phone number so they can send a code through for me to start the application. They are discriminating against people without modern mobile phones, I didn't say that but they are.

They didn't respond so I contacted them again. I said I need a place to live and don't have a phone, so how can I submit an online application?

I just got an email response today saying thankyou for the interest in the property. All applications must be made online. If you don't have a telephone, how are we meant to contact you? In the next paragraph it goes on to say the property is no longer available and if I have any more questions about it, I should phone them.

Yes you read it correctly. They emailed me asking me how they are meant to contact me. Then they told me to phone them if I had any further enquiries for a property that is no longer available.

OMG there are some fuplie idiots out there.

------------------
Years ago I was trying to get public housing and they called my house to ask for my phone number (I had a landline back then). And they wonder why people get upset with them. Hello, my name is so and so from the Department of Housing. We are calling today because we need your telephone number for our records.

Well der, go-olly (Gomer Pile). How did you call my telephone number if you don't have it on record?

AHHHHH FUPLIE STUPID PEOPLE

It's time you got a fuplie phone. Go online and order a magic jack account. It's about $35 including device for one year of phone service. You hook it up directly to your router/modem and then just buy a cheap cordless phone or a wired phone which hooks directly into the small device.

You need a phone for emergencies. If you need emergency medical attention, you will be glad you had a phone. And for situations just like you mentioned above, it is needed. Don't be a fuplie..get a phone.

Last edited:
Last week I tried to apply for a rental property next door because my place is supposed to be going on the market in March and I need somewhere to live.

I contacted the real estate agent via their website and asked how I am meant to submit an online application when I don't have a telephone. They did a copy and paste and said go to this link and fill out the online application.

I responded and thanked them for the link but said it didn't answer my question. I then asked how I was meant to make an online application when I don't have a telephone. They apparently want a mobile phone number so they can send a code through for me to start the application. They are discriminating against people without modern mobile phones, I didn't say that but they are.

They didn't respond so I contacted them again. I said I need a place to live and don't have a phone, so how can I submit an online application?

I just got an email response today saying thankyou for the interest in the property. All applications must be made online. If you don't have a telephone, how are we meant to contact you? In the next paragraph it goes on to say the property is no longer available and if I have any more questions about it, I should phone them.

Yes you read it correctly. They emailed me asking me how they are meant to contact me. Then they told me to phone them if I had any further enquiries for a property that is no longer available.

------------------
Years ago I was trying to get public housing and they called my house to ask for my phone number (I had a landline back then). And they wonder why people get upset with them. Hello, my name is so and so from the Department of Housing. We are calling today because we need your telephone number for our records.

Well der, go-olly (Gomer Pile). How did you call my telephone number if you don't have it on record?

What the HECK!!!!! How idiotic can these people be???? They must have something stuck in their ears or something for them to be ignoring you like this. I'm so sorry about what is happening to you Colin.

And when you move, you can take your magic jack to your new place.

------------------

I had a similar thing in the UK with a new broadband provider a few years ago. The broadband was supposed to come with a BT email account but they never set it up. All bills were sent to the non-existent email address. Eventually managed to get through on the phone, explain the situation and they said they would send me instructions on how to access the new email address - which they then sent to the non-existent one which I was calling about in the first place. Felt like being in a Kafka novel.

Most reactions

trending

Back