Stupid Question Time?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

IAmATeaf

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Maybe a real stupid question but I've been browsing this sub-forum and marvelling at the fish that some of you guys keep and was wondering how do you guys clean your tanks? Do you have to remove the fish or do you risk arms in the tank?

As I said it may sound like a real stupid question but for my tank my arms always end up going in.

What a stupid question :rolleyes:

Haha no seriously mate a question is never stupid, well i personally carry on as normal, oscars sometimes try to attack but its funny, my worst was a jaguar cichlid, he would go in for the kill, i always kept a stick handy to shoo him away. it adds to the excitment of fish keeping :lol:

putting your arms into the tank wont do any harm, i do this all the time while changing the plants round and what-not... but i keep my clean but a fliter and i just take them out every two weeks and clean the pads inside it and then put it back in and job done, no removing or fish and no stress to them *or yourself* either lol
:good:

and for cleaning the glass i just use a sponge and let the little tetras and gouramis bite, it quite funny really.

So you guys and gals with RBP would quite happily put your hands in the tank when doing some maintenance?

most fish cant damage you anyways if they did try and most of them will hide as soon as you put your hands in. Only fish that has bit me is a channa orientalis and it was only thinking i was food no doubt and quickly shot off when it realised what it had bit.
I've had alsorts of larger fish and not had any problems.

never usually had a problem although I used to panic putting my hand in the G Tiles moray tank I had 2 that were about 18 inch each and they were like rabid animals thinking food was coming in, there eyesight was poor as well and got bitten once

I don;t enjoy putting my hand in the RPB tank, I have 9 5 inch fish in there and they do come towards my hand certainly not scared and I just don;t fancy a nick off thjem as I can;t believe how sharp they're teeth are

between my piranhas,red devils,synspilum,convicts,my male flowerhorn continually tries to bite me during cleaning.He is big and very protective of his female red devil and tank.I just use the syphon tube(vaccum tube)to keep him away.Quite funny to see.

All my snakeheads are fine with my hands except my Marulius, she can be a little nasty.
I have a 45cm Oscar that loves being petted with no worries, but my 7" flowerhorn literaly shreds the crap out of my hands. He is one mental nasty git!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back