Stumped as to problem (resolved)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Everyone had perked up this morning, but came home and everyone is laying at the bottom again.

I really really don't know anymore. We hadn't been home, so no one was home to contaminate the tank with anything.

Everything's NEW. It's just not making any sense. I just don't even know what to do.

Everyone had perked up this morning, but came home and everyone is laying at the bottom again.

I really really don't know anymore. We hadn't been home, so no one was home to contaminate the tank with anything.

Everything's NEW. It's just not making any sense. I just don't even know what to do.
Have you added the salt back in?

I still think it looks like an osmotic pressure problem. Crushed coral is not the best thing in a fresh water tank

I still think it looks like an osmotic pressure problem. Crushed coral is not the best thing in a fresh water tank
They still did this BEFORE the crushed coral.

And many people use crushed coral in filter media bags to increase GH.

didn't it seem to be doing the trick? Has the goldfish's red spots cleared up?

Would a PH test show if crushed coral is an issue?
It would be interesting to see the ph is. But we would be looking for changes in hardness

NC do you often use Pothos plants in your tanks? I recall Byron advising someone to steer clear once, but I know lots of people use them with no problems

Found this, didn't see that coming

While pothos plants are an easy to care for houseplant, you do need to be aware that they are poisonous. Though rarely fatal, the plant can cause irritation and vomiting if ingested due to the fact that it contains calcium oxalates. Even the sap from the plant may cause highly sensitive people to break out in a rash. It is considered toxic to cats, dogs and children, but as mentioned, it normally will make them very sick but will not kill them

Read more at Gardening Know How: Information On Caring For Pothos Plants https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/pothos/pothos-plant-care.htm

NC do you often use Pothos plants in your tanks? I recall Byron advising someone to steer clear once, but I know lots of people use them with no problems
No, I only use lucky bamboo and the only tank with it is the goldie tank (this one)

BUT it was used in my 46g tank for a year no problems so...

Yep I know but osmotic pressure problems usually appear when salt or mineral content changes in a tank.
Id like to say this is the problem, but they had crushed coral in the tank since the start in their filter. They were fine and then suddenly were not.
Id agree with you if I had just added the coral and then this started. But I didn't:/

Id like to say this is the problem, but they had crushed coral in the tank since the start in their filter. They were fine and then suddenly were not.
Id agree with you if I had just added the coral and then this started. But I didn't:/
confusing

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back