Stumped as to problem (resolved)

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Only thing that I can think of is not enough surface agitation or maybe something snuck its way into the tank like febreeze or windex.

Only thing that I can think of is not enough surface agitation or maybe something snuck its way into the tank like febreeze or windex.
Filter is a large sponge type filter, with an air pump.

I thought maybe possible contamination too, though we don't use sprays like that because we have parrots. But as a precaution I did do a very heavy water change and added charcoal to the filter to be safe, but no change

Filter is a large sponge type filter, with an air pump.

I thought maybe possible contamination too, though we don't use sprays like that because we have parrots. But as a precaution I did do a very heavy water change and added charcoal to the filter to be safe, but no change
Huh. This is really weird. I'm sorry :(.

Do you have any fake decorations that have deteriorated and may not now be tank safe?

How long have they been in there? Is it a 'tub' rather than a tank? Has the 'tub' been used before? (Sorry don't know if the word 'tub' describes it properly!)

Do you have any fake decorations that have deteriorated and may not now be tank safe?
Unglazed terracotta pots bought new, flate slate, some plastic plants, and a fake rock formation, have been in there since the start and were used in other tanks I have prior without problems.

How long have they been in there? Is it a 'tub' rather than a tank? Has the 'tub' been used before? (Sorry don't know if the word 'tub' describes it properly!)
This has been set up for a couple months now. Its a plastic tote, bought brand new for this purpose (husband said no more fish tanks, but never said no totes :p )
20200924_171852.jpg

I had some fake floating lily pads, they were in there for weeks, I removed them just in case but no change either.

Unglazed terracotta pots bought new, flate slate, some plastic plants, and a fake rock formation, have been in there since the start and were used in other tanks I have prior without problems.

This has been set up for a couple months now. Its a plastic tote, bought brand new for this purpose (husband said no more fish tanks, but never said no totes :p )
View attachment 117563

I had some fake floating lily pads, they were in there for weeks, I removed them just in case but no change either.
Nicely done :good: have you used that brand/model(?) of tote before for fish?
I think I'm just wondering is there a chance the tote plastic is leaching something? I dunno. Shoukd they just be graded food safe or something?

Nicely done :good: have you used that brand/model(?) of tote before for fish?
I think I'm just wondering is there a chance the tote plastic is leaching something? I dunno. Shoukd they just be graded food safe or something?
Yes I use a smaller one of the same brand for a breeding tank, ive reared fry in it for months before and have had my weitzmani corydoras in it for a couple weeks spawning.

View attachment 117563

Are you sure that is a 200 liter container

50 gallons, but not filled totally, so about 40 gallons water volume.
Screenshot_20200924-182002_Samsung Internet.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back