Stuck at .25?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Kyanite14

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey guys, Iā€™ve got a planted community tank that I started about 3 months ago. I had done a fish in cycle with 2 danios, and used a filter cartridge I had left at a pet stores established tank for a week. The ammonia readings after adding the cartridge were a constant 0, so I started to add my fish of choice.

I have 6 guppies, 6 neons, and a nerite in a 20 high aquarium. I have the API Master test. For some reason, the tank started a mini cycle a month after it was established. I now always have .25 on the ammonia test. It barely looks like .25, but itā€™s definitely not 0.

I have mostly slow growing plants other than Green Myrio, none of which are dying. Fish are all there, I feed every 2 days (I notice they all graze on nearby brown algae or nibble the plants, otherwise I would feed daily) I do have a brown algae problem that wonā€™t go away though, but thatā€™s not my main concern.

Readings:
PH: 7-7.2 depending on time of day
A: .25
Ni: 0
Nitrate: 0, (I have NEVER gotten a reading other than 0 despite following instructions. I have to dose nitrogen because my plants absorb so much)
GH: 7-8
KH: 0-2
Phosphate: 0

I really want to add some dwarf gouramis, but I donā€™t want to until the ammonia stays at zero. I do 30% changes weekly with a gravel vacuum and always use Prime. What could be causing this?
CBE1A7F3-AABC-4D5B-BC0C-588D5BC4AA19.jpeg

Nvm guys after adding TSS and waiting a few days it finally cycled

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back