Struggling to get a jbl proflora co2 professional set m system working

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JimLin

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a very large 600l tank with a 200l sump. Having unexpectedly lost my 2ft long fire eel a few months ago, I have recently redone the tank with a new substrate, my existing large piece of bogwood and some spider wood (I think it's called). I have also added a lot more plants than I had had previously.

In order to add co2 to the tank, I bought a jbl proflora co2 professional set M system as it seemed to be the best system for a large tank like mine. Having followed the somewhat limited instructions that came with the kit, I am fairly certain I have set it up correctly, calibrating the PH sensor and thermometer probe, and also the controller.

The problem is, that try as I might, I can't get the co2 flowing. I see no bubbles in the bubble counter and no bubbles in the spiral dispenser at the end of the line. I have tried the valve controller on 'manual open' and 'auto open' and neither of those settings have done anything. The left hand pressure gauge shows about 50 bar and the working pressure gauge shows about 2 bar. I have released the smaller control nut at the bottom of the regulator as shown on some of the videos, but that hasn't done anything either.

Most of the videos I found on youtube are made by JBL and are in German, so I can only guess what they are saying in them. There don't seem to be any videos in English which are about this specific system.

I am hoping that someone on this forum has the same system and can guide me through the setup, or alternatively point me at an English video or webpage that can help me.

Any help would be appreciated. Just to confirm, there are no fish in the tank at the moment, as it is still going though its cycle.

Attachments

• 20230328_125718.jpg
    20230328_125718.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230328_125800.jpg
    20230328_125800.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 20230328_125819.jpg
    20230328_125819.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 20230328_125855.jpg
    20230328_125855.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 23
Hopefully, someone who has this system will help. I made all of mine in the past and can't specifically help. But until someone else helps you, here is what I would do:
Disconnect the cylinder and make sure it flows. The I would carefully check to see if the lines are properly connected. Next make sure the solenoid has power.
I always tested my systems in a large bucket or extra aquarium before installing it on my hi tech tank.

I've tracked down the cause of this issue.

There is a faulty connection on cable that goes to the solenoid (or within the solenoid itself) which sits on the main regulator unit and controls the flow of co2.

I discovered that when the cable is moved you can hear the solenoid turning on and off and with a bit of manipulation it is possible to get the cable into a position where the solenoid closes and the co2 starts flowing. This is very temporary and as soon as the cable is released the connection is lost.

I am getting on to the supplier, and I hope they can just replace the regulator unit, as it's going to be a right pain to have to strip the whole system out :angry:

I just purchased a new set of co2 gauges to replace the one I thought broken after it stopped working. It would not turn on.
When I installed the new gauges it came on perfectly. However, after my Milwaukee Controller had turned off the Co2 did not until I unplugged it.
Does anyone have a suggestion I would very much apricate it.

Most reactions

Back