Stripe Changing Loaches

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Elrohirthehasty

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have five kuhlii loaches. A couple weeks back, I had a platy die. I never found the body, so I supposed the loaches ate it. Right afterword three of the five went completely pale white with no stripes. The recovered to full health in a week, but their stripe were messed up. They have crazy patterns now. Anyone heard of this happening? I figure it was because of stress.

when i fish dies it produces ammonia while rotting. and the extra ammonia in the water could stress out the fish, but i have never heard of it being that extreme, but i also havent ever had the ammonia levels very high in my aquarium. what size is the aquarium?

when some of my khulis died, i found them and they had turned a pale color and lost their stripes, the remaining survivors were completely fine, color wise but there was a massive ammonia spike in the tank (would have been with the amount of fish i lost).

However, khluis don't like their homes being fiddled about with much, excessive/over doing cleaning could cause stress for them to lose color i.e. vacuuming, this would cause stress, they burrow.

Has the feeding pattern changed i.e. did you change any type of fish food you used prior to the color change?

What are your water parameters? i.e. ammonia, pH, nitrate, nitrte.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back