Stressed Platy

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Clarousel

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys, I've had my 2 platys for quite some time now and they've been healthy all this while. They had whitespot around 2 weeks ago and I'm finishing up my heat treatment today. Noticed one of them lying on the bottom this morning and I can't figure out why.

Ammonia - around 0
Nitrites - 0
Nitrates - 10

I did my regular WC this morning and added a tbsp of salt. So far she's still lying on the bottom. I don't see any stuff on her body and no new additions to the tank. Any ideas?

Ammonia around 0??? do a W/C..see if that helps.

If she's still sitting on the bottom tomorrow do another extra generous water change.

Sadly, she didn't make it through the night. Poor thing, her body didn't have any signs of illness. :no:

Will do a 50% WC and check the perimeters soon.

Will adding plants be safe? Or should I wait a few days first?

No point checking the parameters AFTER a wc. Just do a big wc with a vac, more like 70%. Shame it didn't make it but unfortunately these things happen.

I'd wait a day or two to add the plants myself, but if you want to sooner it should be ok.

Yeah I checked the water before the WC. Ammonia was slightly above 0 but below 0.25

Alright. Will wait a few days to get temp back to normal before adding in my plants. Thanks for the advice!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back