Stressed out?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SnowLady

Reaction score
I bought 4 serpae tetras (and 4 zebra danios) last week. 2 died four days later. But I'm worried about one of the two that is left.

One is doing great - the red is REALLY coming out and swims around the tank like he owns the place. lol

The other is hiding in the castle. I tipped it sideways because I don't want to stress it out anymore by moving it around again and again.

Is it just going to take time or is there something I can do to help this scared little fish out?

if he has always ackted this way and eats well, i wouldn't worry. after some time he won't be shy, he'll come around.

Hyphessobrycon callistus is a shoaling species, best kept in groups. If you have just 2, one will be dominant and the other one will hide away - as you are seeing. To coax it out, I'd get more. If you have 5-6 or more, they will spend all day chasing each other about working out their pecking order - bit like tiger barbs actually - and in my opinion - just as bad fin nippers.

I do plan on adding more serpaes (didn't plan on two of them dying, actually). I just didn't know how soon I could get the replacement fish for the two that have died.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back