Stressed Betta Fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

georgia7325

Reaction score
Hi, I brought a 9 litre tank (2.4 gallons) which said it was specifically made for one Betta Fish and it came with a heater and filter. I had my tank set up and running for 5 days before buying my Betta Fish yesterday that I named Frank. Ever since I got Frank he has just placed himself in between the glass wall of the tank and the heater, is this normal? I also tried to feed him today but he wasn’t interested and hasn’t eaten it. I’m very worried about him. I think that he is very stressed, does anyone have any advice or tips on what to do? I spent a long time saving up for him and will not be able to afford another one if he dies!! Please help :(
:thanks:

Change the water and study up on the nitrogen cycle

Check out the nitrogen cycle, this plays a huge role in a fish's healthy. I think changing a good 75% of the water right now is a good idea.

Side note, does the fish have trouble swimming in the current of the filter? Bettas do not like much flow in their tanks. If the flow is pushing him around then you need to do something about it.

Thanks. I’ve seen him swim once and he doesn’t have any trouble but I’ve turned the flow all the way down already just in case.

I brought a 9 litre tank (2.4 gallons)
My coffee cup is bigger, I would be looking into a 5 gallon tank. 10 gallon would be Betta.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back