stress zyme

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

skiltrip

Fishaholic
Reaction score
What's everyone's opinion on Stress Zyme?

I am cycling my tank still. It's been running about a month. My nitrites have been up around 1.6mg/l for quite almost a week. Would the bacteria that's in Stress Zyme help to knock out some of these nitrites?

Should I bother with it or just let the cycle tank it's course. I'll be leaving for vacation Tuesday night, and won't be home for a week and a half. So my regular water change will be half a week behind.

And how long does Stress Zyme take to kick in? Being on vacation, i won't be able to monitor the levels until July 18th, when i come back.

- kip

I've had good luck with Stress-Zyme. If I were you, I'd do a good gravel vacuum and 25% water change before I left. If possible, add the Stress-Zyme directly into your filter chamber after the water change. Whenever I rinse my media or service my filter in any way, I add a little of this stuff just to replace any bacteria that might have been lost in the process. For a few dollars, you could have a little insurance and be able to relax while you're away. In any case, it definitely couldn't hurt.

Another thing, I know that someone will probably suggest not doing a water change during cycling but if you are not going to be around to monitor the parameters of your tank, then I think it is a must. Your cycling may take an extra week or so but whats the big deal?

I'm leaving tuesday night, but as i'll be real busy getting ready, plus working the day job, i just did about a 20% water change today (sunday). So I guess I'll pick up some Stress Zyme today and put it in the filter chamber. Thanks for the advice.

- kip

squimps,

how long have you had aquariums? what size tank(s) do you have?

- kip

i use stress zyme....n i add a lil bit every week just to keep my tank healthy n ive got a tank cycling now......ive used that n a few small fish to help it cycle faster

Yek :fish:

skiltrip said:
squimps,

how long have you had aquariums? what size tank(s) do you have?

- kip
I've been keeping fish on and off for about 15 years now. I've never had anything too elaborate...typically around 30 gallons or so. I haven't had a setup in a while but I've just remodeled part of my house and finally have the space to get going again. I'm currently establishing an 80 gallon community tank which has been cycling for about 4 weeks now. I don't consider myself very "experienced", especially compared to many people involved in the hobby but I've found certain things that work for me. I think the coolest thing about keeping fish is that there is always something new to learn, especially from you guys here on the forum. I'm looking forward to hanging out and learning from you... :thumbs:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back