Strange white patches on otocinclus.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Jordisaur

Reaction score
Anyone know what might be wrong with my oto? I thought maybe columnaris but it doesn't appear to be fuzzy at all. Any help would be very much appreciated.
He is still swimming normal, though not as much. Mostly just sits in one spot for a while. He is still eating, but appetite is not as big as it was.
The tank is cycled and gets a 10-15% water change once a week. He is housed with 6 guppies, 3 Glo tetras, 4 otos, and 2 shrimp in a 30 gallon tank.
Currently in a quarantine tank until I can get him healthy again, all other tank mates are acting normal, no sign of sickness.
Water parameters are normal as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20200419_144654.jpg
    IMG_20200419_144654.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
  • Screenshot_20200421-170242.png
    Screenshot_20200421-170242.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
Could be fungus or excess mucous. Do a 75% water change every day for two weeks.

What are your exact readings for the test?

It could be physical damage from getting caught under something, or a bacterial infection.

Try the daily water changes and see if it improves. If it gets worse after a couple of water changes, then post more pictures. Check them on your pc first and make sure they clearly show the problem and are in focus.

On a side note, your main tank would be better off with a 75% water change and gravel clean once a week rather than 15%. The bigger water change will dilute nutrients and disease organisms more effectively and reduce the chances of the fish getting sick.
Just make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Monitor any remaining fish for similar symptoms and post pics here straight away if anything appears.

Do a big water change and gravel clean today to dilute anything that might be in the tank.
Clean the filter too and wipe the inside of the glass down.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back