Strange White Algae, Worm Thing.. Helpp

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Billiemay

Reaction score
I have cycled my tank and all the levels were good I added 2 albino Corydoras yesterday and today I have these white things growing they look like the white fluffy things on dandelions and there also was what looked like a white worm sort of thing very tiny moving on my glass, my betta is due to arrive on Friday and I want to cancel the delivery if needs to be treatment what is this stuff it's on the glass and the rocks! It's a 27L tanks with rocks no plants atm as they died and we're taken out! I will try add some pictures I took. Also just seen a snail in the corner of the tank!!

Ok dont panic ;-) nothing you seem to have is harmful, the white worm is most likely planaria, they are completey harmless to your fish but they do indicate a build up of waste in your tank. How did you cycle your tank? What are you feeding the corys? And how much are you feeding? I would suggest extra gravel vacuuming and very thorough.

As for the white dandelion type things I have that in my newly set up 55, I have just wiped it all off, I think it will be out competed by your plants and other algae. In my experience it is completely harmless.
Go ahead and get your betta ;-)

For the snail just remove it, if you see anymore get an assassin snail or 2.

Hope that helps ;-)

Most reactions

Back