Strange Red Spot On My Bn...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Darth

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey all, just noticed my female BN has a red spot on her head, kinda looks like a suck mark, she is still doing everything she has always done. Eating great, water parameters are fine... Does it sound like 'hole in the head'? No pics sorry. It looks like the big male has bitten her but I dont know if he would, the other tank mates leave the plecs alone.... Any ideas?

Is it an albino or regular looking common bn?

albino bristlenoses have a red patch on the head, males are more prominent

Theres a couple of pics here that show the red spot, but it can look a lot redder.

ancistrus cf cirrhosus

Hi
Is it like she has a scrapped head?
As one of my females had it once when the male was trying to get her in his coconut shell to breed.
She was fine and feeding as normal and it cleared up after a fews days and the male was sitting on eggs.

Hey all, I think it could just be a scrape from the sandstone cave. She is still acting normal, eating fine. Just have to keep an eye on her i guess. She is the only female of breeding size in there so I hope she don't die....

if she's albino then it's normal. If not and you think it is an injury then just do some extra water changes to keep the water pristine.

if she's albino then it's normal. If not and you think it is an injury then just do some extra water changes to keep the water pristine.

Not just albino's get this, ive seen browns also with it just nowhere near as noticable :)

OP does the mark look more like this or an actual scrape?

Hey all, turns out it was a scrape. All healed up now but I have noticed the spots on the back of her head have changed to resemble the red area shown above on the albino.... She's growing up so fast.... My male albino has developed the red marking on his head too, should I give them some mood lighting and music so they can get it on???? :hyper:

Hey all, just noticed my female BN has a red spot on her head, kinda looks like a suck mark, she is still doing everything she has always done. Eating great, water parameters are fine... Does it sound like 'hole in the head'? No pics sorry. It looks like the big male has bitten her but I dont know if he would, the other tank mates leave the plecs alone.... Any ideas?

Attachments

• CAAC678B-5987-4466-BCB1-43CB2619D5EB.jpeg
    CAAC678B-5987-4466-BCB1-43CB2619D5EB.jpeg
    50.4 KB · Views: 162

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back