strange litte puffers

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

aernympha

Fish Herder
Reaction score
In a new lfs which has opened in a near by town they are selling tinyest puffers ever!!!! they are like 0.5 - 1 cm big!!!! and they are £3.50 which i think is quite expensive...... what i would like to know is that it said they grew to 1 inch is this true of any puffer species?????????!!!! -_- i had had the impresion that they grew quite large. also if i deciced to buy them are they brankish?? or fresh wate. also there colouring look like that opf the puffers shown on pufferpaks signature :crazy: :/ i was wondering do they live in packs????? and can they look after them selves cos these guys are tiny and my tank is a bit of a busy place!! :thumbs:

thnx and please help!!!! :D

Hi aernympha

They sound like Dwarf puffers (those are the ones in the end pics. in my signature), if so they are FW and do only grow to about 1 - 1 1/2 inches. Although a small fish they are still a puffer and are not to be trusted in a community tank, they are known fin nippers and get crabbier as they age so should be kept in a species only set up. If you do try them in with other tankmates be sure to have a backup tank cycled and ready to relocate them to in case of trouble. Dwarfs do fine in a pack, but will also do just as well as singles, they are not a schooling species, but I find mine do meet in "neutral territory" for short periods during the day, they will hang out fow a bit, then go their seperate ways.

yeah those are dwarf puffers, I bought one for 99 cents at a LFS and put it in my semi aggressive tank...not a good idea :sad: some GNARLY little fish that i have came up and tried to eat it...i screamed hysterically and caught it in my net-because it was still ok and went and put it in my brothers almost-empty tank....but sadly it died about 2 weeks later... Buuuut GOOD LUCK WITH YOURS! lol :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back