Strange Hair/fern Like Growth Coming From The Edges Of My Java Ferns&#

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

ech0o

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have no idea what these are, anyone have any idea??  Thanks in advance!!!!!

k9v2oh.jpg

They are roots for the baby javafern you'll be having soon :p

no way!?!? so thats how the rhizomes form?   that is so very strange and neat lol!!!!  so when they finally form up will they release on their own or will i need to pluck them off?

They grow ontop of the leaf. Then you remove it when you think it's ready.

BUT, Keep in mind. Removing the baby javafern kills the leaf its on so remove the leaf and replace with your new javafern!

javafern1.jpg

i'm pretty stoked now! that leaf has 4 of them!!!!   no more 4.99 a plant!!!!!!!!!

Yea, you'll get a fair amount of javafern for one leaf :p

My big bunch of java fern was slowing dying off, but each leaf was producing about 10 or 20 new ferns. Ive picked all that off and used it on some other tanks but even more is growing, im overrun with the stuff lol. 

Now that is what the classified section is for. Grow them on a bit and sell em. You'll get a few quid for some good plants (which allows you to go and buy more plants, or, if it's going really well, a new tank to grow more in) and the buyers generally get slightly better portion sizes and better prices.

techen said:
Yea, you'll get a fair amount of javafern for one leaf
tongue2.gif
I have some doing the same thing and actually are leafs now. So how big do they have to be to take them off and can you just let them float to get bigger or what. What do you do with them while they are getting bigger

I leave them on the 'mother' plant until they come loose of their own accord. By that time they're usually big enough to attach to something :)

techen said:
They grow ontop of the leaf. Then you remove it when you think it's ready.

BUT, Keep in mind. Removing the baby javafern kills the leaf its on so remove the leaf and replace with your new javafern!

javafern1.jpg

WOW! This is why my java fern are so dead now!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back