strange bubbles on water

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fishlover8832

Reaction score
something is on top of the water in my fish tank and even though i have a bubbler in the tank my fish has to come to the top to breath
i have a filter and i made sure the bubbler is the right size for the tank and i tried removing the stuff but it keeps coming back
one more thing to note is they all move as one when i scoop them
20210407_212838.jpg

There might be something floating on the surface of the water. Thebubles may be trapped between the the water and whatever is flowing on top. I would do a water chang. A water change should be done once a week. Any film on the surface of the water can inhibit gas flow in and out of the water

There are many causes for bubbles to appear in your tank: Bubbles created when you change the water, or caused by certain species of bettas to attract mates. Also, some bubbles are also produced from water contaminated by excessive fish waste and dissolved food. This causes oil scum at the top of the water, filters and air bubbles that will increase their impact. To remove bubbles from the tank, you can either change the water or replace the air-powered filter with an electric one. Alternatively, a protein filter can also be used to absorb all the oil that leads to these bubbles.

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back