stoners and fish stores

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kittybug said:
Best thread ive seen all day. really made me laugh. I wish my LFS was run by stoners. i think they are generally more polite then the rude people that work there now. plus how cool would it be if noelbergs idea worked and you could trade "special brownies" for store credit
kittybug,

Great observation on the general courtesies observed by some people. The potential "stoner" at my LFS often helps to carry heavy items out to my car for me! That's better than just watching a relatively petite woman trying to struggle with them as far as I'm concerned.

I think I'll be off to the kitchen to bake now. Anyone want some brownies?

~Zanne

I have to say, drugs and fish can be a rather.. interesting combination.

I've never done drugs (I'm a good girl!) but one night I went a bit overboard with the absinthe (kids, don't drink that stuff - you could strip paint with it :lol:) and it kept making me hallucinate. I kept thinking my fish were coming out through the glass of the tank and were trying to "get me". It sounds funny but it was pretty scary - I ended up running out and falling down the stairs to try and get away :lol: needless to say I haven't touched the stuff for months now.

definiy I have a lot were I live... but places that just specialize in fish... are not usually like that.

hmm this topic is very disturbing to me, I hate drugs wouldnt touch it, why would people want to? i mean u hear stories all the time, my god mothers daughter even died of an overdose :( . My best friend got on it, now his suffering from depression and has to take medicine so he can sleep. i still like him, I think he is off it now (not sure :/ ), wat matters is that drug caused all his problems, he was good at maths, allways got A's now he cant even go to school cause of the after effects of the drug. My brother is still taking medicine to recover 2 yrs after he gave it up :/ . He starting to get better now, his got a serious mind now, but he cant work cause he thinks everyone is against him :unsure: ..

anyway im sure u stoners/drugies watever are allready thinking of ways to support pot, saying theres nothing wrong with it, that read the facts its good for u or atleast i dont drink bla bla bla, i dont care! u will see soon that it starts to take hold of u, that ur friends are only the ppl who supply u the drug, that u cant sleep cause of depression... and so on

On the other hand, people in our society get medicated (legally) up to their eyebrows just to get through the day. Paxil, Wellbutrin, Zyprexa, Xanax, Valium...

Or what about the beer and wine issue?

Drugs can be bad, yep. However, every stoner I've ever met is mellow and laid back. Some are nice people, some are jerks, some are shiftless good-fer-nuthins, some are productive and hard workers--just like the rest of society!

I say relax on the whole topic. As for the idea of kids "discovering" drugs on this forum that's like thinking kids don't realize sex exists until they see it on tv or the movies. I hate to let you all in on a little secret--anyone old enough to see this forum is probably well aware of what a stoner is and how one gets that way...half the kids in junior high were already sparking up and I'd seen folks toking long before that. I didn't touch the stuff til college, personally.

Drugs can be bad, yep. However, every stoner I've ever met is mellow and laid back. Some are nice , some are jerks, some are shiftless good-fer-nuthins, some are productive and hard workers--just like the rest of society!

im not saying that all stoners are evil ppl, afterall i still like my friend and my bros a really cool guy, i just hate those good for nothing ass holes who produce and sell the stuff to peer presured kids,

btw i am 15 yrs old and i dont think it is a good idea that u make drugs sound good, if i was on that stuff and u said that it was good then I would proberly take no notice of wat others say and just stay on it.

I'm not trying to say smoking up is good...and I'm not saying it's bad--and I'm not saying kids should do it.

I'm simply saying that the attitude on the forum of "kids will learn it here" is a little naive.

kk o well who cares, if u smoke it its ur bussiness, if u dont its ur bussiness, its no one alses,... anyway.. ive never meet a a fish shop guy who smokes pot, but on the other hand i did go to this guy, to like see if my water was good for the fishes, and well he drank the water :sick: .. weird ay? and his got this like one fingure with a masive fingure nail :blink: ... lol my mum said it must be used to catch the fishes with hehe :rofl:

All the people that work a the LFS that I always go to have to like pass a test on how much they now about fishkeeping and the differences on the fish. They also have to know how large the fishes grow and the tank compatiblitiy they can fix in...happily. Well I guess it's like this because the owner have been a fishkeeper for 14years...
I know this because I wanted to work there...I think I'll wait till I'm a more better fishkeeper, not saying I'm pathetic...hehehe.

Most reactions

trending

Back