Stone Age Ireland

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ah dang it! I was hoping the stone henge would be in there! lol, jk.
Those are soem really nice pictures! :drool:

Great pictures - can't be easy if those stones don't stay still!

You meet a lot of stones travelling across Ireland, most of these have been standing for over 6,000 years since they were put there by people in the stone age.

Have you used much post-processing on those pictures or is it mostly polarizer and/or ND grad filter?

Very impressive whatever it is!

They are stunning pictures.....one question though which might sound stupid, why has someone else got the copyright to them since they are your pictures?

Thank you :)

why has someone else got the copyright to them since they are your pictures?

Cian McLiam is my name in Gaelic :)

Have you used much post-processing on those pictures or is it mostly polarizer and/or ND grad filter?

There's a polarizer on 4,5 and 8, a ND grad on a few of the others and no filters when facing into the sun, Post-processing was to try and simulate the 'bleach bypass' technique used in the dark-room which gives deeper colours and higher contrast you get when you dont put colour prints through bleach. Its used a lot by documentary-journalist photographers who use film to give a hard/saturated gritty real-life effect.

There's a polarizer on 4,5 and 8, a ND grad on a few of the others and no filters when facing into the sun, Post-processing was to try and simulate the 'bleach bypass' technique used in the dark-room which gives deeper colours and higher contrast you get when you dont put colour prints through bleach. Its used a lot by documentary-journalist photographers who use film to give a hard/saturated gritty real-life effect.
[/quote]

Thanks for that - I must have a go at the 'bleach bypass' - never heard of that but I guess it'll be PS CS somewhere! Very effective.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back