Stocking

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

BSM_81

Reaction score
Hi, just wanted to know peoples opinions on the stocking level in my tank(just stocking not compatibility).

500ltr aquarium
Filtration - Fluval FX4, Fluval 307, Fluval u4 and a fine sponge filter.

stock
1x Green Severum
1x red spot severum
1x senegal Bichir
1x orante Birchir
2x Reed fish
1x tyre track eel
1x asian swamp eel
1x dwarf giraffe cat
1x synodontis
1x turtle
1x common pleco (11”)
2x silver dollar
2x raphael cats
1x firemouth
1x nirangua cichlid
1x geophagus
1x datnoid
1x koi Angel
2x peruvian angel

50-70% weekly water changes keep the nitrates in check. Am i overstocked?

I am not going to say anthing about the combination, I'm not sure I would know where to even begin...but I will mention that "compatibility" is a significant factor in "stocking," as much if not more than the tank size and fish mass aspect. One can always have more fish that are compatible (suited to each other, in sufficient numbers of the individual species, share identical parameters, etc, etc) than fish that are not, regardless of fish mass. Fish impact the biological system in many different ways, and the impact is considerably increased (detrimentally) the greater the compatibility is problematic. Just so you know. :fish:

Last edited:
A tank that is 5 foot long x 2 foot wide x 2 foot high, that contained all those fish and the turtle, would be over stocked.

The stocking of your tank is compatibly irresponsible as is the amount of fish.

I have to agree with the others on being over stocked and fish types and numbers. Also have you raised turtles? they have special needs beyond the fish like a dry place to sit.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back