Stocking

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

LP23

Reaction score
Hello.
I was thinking of buying a 7 gallon tank and was originally planning on keeping a betta in it, but was thinking of things i hadnt kept before. Would a group of four galaxy rasbora and four endlers be too much for a tank of that size?

Thanks.

Yes, it’s one or the other really. But if you can get a bigger tank then do.

I agree. There are a couple of issues here.

First one is that male Bettas are not community fish, so give him his own tank (if you get a Betta).

Second is that rasboras and tetras are shoaling fish, so they must be in a group. Sometimes six is suggested as minimum, but this is not always the best, and more will always be better both for the fish and you because they will be more likely to display normal interactive behaviours with more of the species. And a 7g tank is really pushing it; a 10g can accomodate a group (9-12) Ember Tetra, and a group of maybe pygmy cories (9-12). Galaxy Rasbora are a bit different, this species is best with a much larger group say 20+ and in a 20g tank or larger.

Knowing your water paramewters will help us advise on species. The GH (general hardness) and pH especially. These are for your source (tap) water, so you should be able to track them down from your water authority.

I agree. There are a couple of issues here.

First one is that male Bettas are not community fish, so give him his own tank (if you get a Betta).

Second is that rasboras and tetras are shoaling fish, so they must be in a group. Sometimes six is suggested as minimum, but this is not always the best, and more will always be better both for the fish and you because they will be more likely to display normal interactive behaviours with more of the species. And a 7g tank is really pushing it; a 10g can accomodate a group (9-12) Ember Tetra, and a group of maybe pygmy cories (9-12). Galaxy Rasbora are a bit different, this species is best with a much larger group say 20+ and in a 20g tank or larger.

Knowing your water paramewters will help us advise on species. The GH (general hardness) and pH especially. These are for your source (tap) water, so you should be able to track them down from your water authority.

I haven’t even got the tank yet let alone the fish and dont worry i wasnt dreaming of putting a betta in with anything else especially not a tank that size. I just really like both of these fish and didnt know a whole lot about them.‘Nano’ fish is always a misleading term.

I agree. Nano tank have a few options but not nearly as many as some people say

Most reactions

Back