Reaction score
hey!

20 gallon tank, up and running for 7 months now. Really nicely planted

has 2 filters in it

fishes are

1 GBR
2 Corydora (sterba)
5 Rummy nose tetras

i am going to bump the Corydora number up so dont worry about that :)

now, about the Ram... as some of you will know its a hormone bred Ram -_- so it is hard to sex (well bloody hard to sex =/)

it has female finnage but male markings =/ although now im swaying to the male end as his anal fin looks like its passing the junction. Still no pink belly at all. So im not sure if i want to risk putting a female in the tank with him; any ideas guys?

the rummy noses are also a pain to deal with they are all healthy but always swim low down or go into the middle for a few seconds! i mean they are fully colored up, pH is fine etc. You look at the tank and you would think there aren't any fishes :lol: The tank is really nicely and heavily planted Well, to be honest the Ram is the best of all he comes out alot :) hes so peaceful :wub:

Any idea's guys to anything i can add to actually make the tank look like it contains something other than plants xD

All ideas welcome guys! need something to do before i get my AS results and get an earache from my parents =| and then they will bring my obsessive fishkeeping into it :sad: anyway...

Thanks guys

Bagu ;)

Up the Tetras up to 15!

Why don't you want to risk a female GBR? Surely if it turned out to be 2 females then that wouldn't be a problem?

Aside from that.
I'd perhaps add 5 Lemon Tetra and 5 Black neons or 5 Green Neons.

I was just thinking of the colours you have in your tank and figured yellow and black may compliment well...

How about a dozen Glowlight tetras, they are really good looking fish, especially when they all face the same direction at the same time.

Mark.

Hey guys

I'll add a female gbr then =]

are you saying add the oter tetras alongside the rummy nose tetras?

Thanks bagu

That was what I was saying yeah, so it'd be something like:
2 x GBR (m+f)
5 x Corydora (sterba)
5 x Rummy nose tetras
5 x Lemon Tetra
5 x Black Neon

Just cause you said you wanted the tank to look a bit less empty. Or you could maybe go...
2 x GBR (m+f)
5 x Corydora (sterba)
6 x Rummy nose tetras
8 x Lemon Tetra or Black Neon or Green Neon
??
Just some ideas.

sounds nice! im gonna go check em out.

thanks alot mate :) really helpful! im no good with stocking tanks =/

Bagu :good:

Just a point. My suggestions put you at the 30" fish mark. Figured you'd probably be fine with that though as you're not new and the tank is well planted. :)

Just a point. My suggestions put you at the 30" fish mark. Figured you'd probably be fine with that though as you're not new and the tank is well planted. :)

haha thanks ;)

i also thought in a mature tank the 1" of fish per gallon rule doesn't matter :S i feel bad questioning myself lol

I'm at 1.6" per gal in mine and Nitrates barely reach 10ppm per week. I still do my 20-25% water changes and fish are coloured up really really nicely. Not had any sort of illness or anything for....ages.

I'm at 1.6" per gal in mine and Nitrates barely reach 10ppm per week. I still do my 20-25% water changes and fish are coloured up really really nicely. Not had any sort of illness or anything for....ages.

that sounds good then :good:

my tank has just had continuous algae on the glass; its such a pain. When i get back from london im going to up the water changes to 2 a week. I have no dead spots in the tank either :lol: I'll upload some pics later, let you have a looky =]

Bagu

I've been having a constant battle with GSA!
Every 2-3 weeks I have to clean the front of the glass. It's annoying but I've not got around to buying a phosphate test kit to see if my phosphates are too low (which is what I'm presuming it is).
If/when I finally buy one I'm hoping they'll be a bit low, so I can buy a supplement.

Other than that my tank is algae free :)

I've been having a constant battle with GSA!
Every 2-3 weeks I have to clean the front of the glass. It's annoying but I've not got around to buying a phosphate test kit to see if my phosphates are too low (which is what I'm presuming it is).
If/when I finally buy one I'm hoping they'll be a bit low, so I can buy a supplement.

Other than that my tank is algae free :)

im in a huge battle with the GSA aswell =/ its a bloody pain, i can only remove it with a razor blade (just done it ) its so frustrating! i clean the whole tank then a few days later i see the dreaded spots back =[ I need to invest in a freshwater test kit aswell; remove algae all together :grr:

Im just snapping some photos right now :)

Bagu :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back