Stocking Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

josh63762

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hay all, hope all is well
I just recently experienced a huge outbreak of ich which along with secondary infections wiped out my tank I believed I have gotten rid of it as I have 10 baby guppies in there now and they seem to be doing great :) had them for about 4 days. so at the end of the month they will be fully grown and I safe from other fish so I was wondering what other live bearers I could put with them I also have 2 gold gouramis I am going to put in the tank at the end of the month its a planted 97L oh and there is also 2 snails :)
P.s I would like them to breed and I would like to raise the fry and sell them or keep some so that's why I want live bearers lol thanks for reading :)

i had the same problem with ich. killed all my fish :( ... i have a couple mickey mouse platys that are really nice looking and she has been pregnant twice already.

could u post a pic I'm not familiar with mickey mouse platys :)

I hate ich! Sorry for your loss. My baby guppies are almost 2 months old, they aren't fully grown until they are at least 3 months old. Platies are good with guppies, I don't know how your gouramis will be with the guppies. 

thanks for the reply sorry by fully grown I meant big enough that they won't get eaten lol and my gouramis are still small I hear if u introduce them to guppies when they small they will be fine?
oh and the guppies are 2 weeks old already

Aww my baby platies are 2 weeks and my guppies almost 2 weeks! They are adorable at that age, zipping about and bickering lol. You might be lucky, the gouramis might be fine with them. I had new tank syndrome when I first got my tank 2 years ago and I put a gold gourami in and guppies. For me it was a recipe for disaster only because my tank wasn't an adequate size. The gourami got territorial and the guppies started getting chunks out of their tails. 
That's only my experience, others could be fine. Just make sure you have a backup, if things don't go to plan. 

sorry i haven't been on all day other wise i would have posted pics. :p i had a swordtail that looked exactly like the red wag. 

the red wag looks cool :D
oh and ny82 I will watch the gouramis with them for like 2 days if anything happens I will take them back to the lfs
the red wag looks cool :D
oh and ny82 I will watch the gouramis with them for like 2 days if anything happens I will take them back to the lfs

yeah red wags are pretty cool, i like them a lot. 
Once i get a third tank sorted out and cycled they will go nicely with some white cloud mountain minnows or Panda cories :) 

Heya, I know they're different types of Gourami to yours but I have two honey Gourami in the same tank as a female guppy and they don't seem to interact much if at all? Like you said, just keep an eye out on the first few days :) good luck and sorry for you loss to Ich! :/

I have decided to give my gouramis to a los for 3 female guppies

Most reactions

trending

Back