Stocking suggestions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Fishyyyy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, so I have a 120 L tank about 31 us gallons i believe.
I have very hard water (350 ppm)
I currently have 3 male guppies, 5 cherry barbs (seriously fish says they can go up to that hardness) and 3 peppered cories (didnā€™t know they where soft water fish at the time of purchasing but Iā€™ve had corys for a while now and all seem good)

Other than upping the corys numbers. I was thinking of a Pearl gourami and increase the cherry barbs or some golden barbs. Whatā€™s best as I donā€™t think I have the room for a Pearl gourami, golden barbs as well as increasing the corys numbers.

Or if anyone has any other suggestions ?

Thank you

I think you are on the right track with the Pearl Gourami and Cherry Barbs, I think adding a school of Gold Barbs would push you over a bit on stocking. In terms of the cories is all of your area a hard water area? If so realistically if you see peppered cories in the store I would up your school too as, while its not perfect I'd rather them be in the tank of a dedicated aquarist than a beginners tank.

If you are happy with a single Pearl Gourami I'd look at adding an other 5 barbs and 5 more cories :)

Wills

Hi, so I have a 120 L tank about 31 us gallons i believe.
I have very hard water (350 ppm)
I currently have 3 male guppies, 5 cherry barbs (seriously fish says they can go up to that hardness) and 3 peppered cories (didnā€™t know they where soft water fish at the time of purchasing but Iā€™ve had corys for a while now and all seem good)

Other than upping the corys numbers. I was thinking of a Pearl gourami and increase the cherry barbs or some golden barbs. Whatā€™s best as I donā€™t think I have the room for a Pearl gourami, golden barbs as well as increasing the corys numbers.

Or if anyone has any other suggestions ?

Thank you
i think you could add 2-3 platies/swordtails

I think you are on the right track with the Pearl Gourami and Cherry Barbs, I think adding a school of Gold Barbs would push you over a bit on stocking. In terms of the cories is all of your area a hard water area? If so realistically if you see peppered cories in the store I would up your school too as, while its not perfect I'd rather them be in the tank of a dedicated aquarist than a beginners tank.

If you are happy with a single Pearl Gourami I'd look at adding an other 5 barbs and 5 more cories :)

Wills
Yh I am happy with a single Pearl gourami. And do you mean add 5 more cherry barbs or 5 golden barbs ?

Yh I am happy with a single Pearl gourami. And do you mean add 5 more cherry barbs or 5 golden barbs ?
Technically either but I would go for a bigger school of Cherrys

Wills

I would love to add platies however I donā€™t want the fry and also I dont want 3 males fighting
ask for some platy fry somewhere, the female fry will not have baby
also the males will not fight that much they are rather peaceful to me if there are no females

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back