Stocking suggestions for a 7 gallon tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

LP23

Reaction score
Hello.
Iā€™ve found a nice looking tank that i can actually fit into my space and started to think about stocking it. Its a nano tank so obviously its fairly limited but i was wondering if there was anything interesting past the standard betta tank (not that im adverse to doing that if its best). Any ideas?

Thanks

Can you tell us the dimensions of the tank, please? A lot of small tanks in the UK are cubes so they don't have much swimming length, but there are some shallow, long tanks. Knowing which type you have will make it easier to suggest fish.

And how hard is your tap water? Look on your water company's website and do a search for hardness. We need a number and the unit of measurement rather than some vague words.

You Can Try Dwarf Rasbora Like
Boraras Briggitae Or GlowLight Rasbora
Depend on your Dimension & Water Condition

Can you tell us the dimensions of the tank, please? A lot of small tanks in the UK are cubes so they don't have much swimming length, but there are some shallow, long tanks. Knowing which type you have will make it easier to suggest fish.

And how hard is your tap water? Look on your water company's website and do a search for hardness. We need a number and the unit of measurement rather than some vague words.

United Utilities is the water company and they make this information very hard to find for no reason. They describe the water hardness as ā€˜softā€™ and Hardness clarke: 1.75. It was a 32cmx32cmx45cm tank so yes it was a cube, however if you do know of a good longer tank,(not too long though as like i said this one fits snugly into the only space i really have for it) then i would be happy to look at those as well.

Thanks

Well done for finding it!

1.75 Clarke is a unit not used in fish keeping but it converts to 1.4 dH and 25 ppm (the units that are used). It is very soft water.

Is the 45 cm the length or the height?

Well done for finding it!

1.75 Clarke is a unit not used in fish keeping but it converts to 1.4 dH and 25 ppm (the units that are used). It is very soft water.

Is the 45 cm the length or the height?

Its the height

I would say a betta tank is your best option...

fair enough i love betta fish anyway they have so much personality!
I agree! (Don't tell any of my other fish, but I like my betta over all of them! :rofl:)

I realize the footprint of this tank is a bit small, but you could have a shoal of Bororas brigittae or one of the other "dwarf" rasbora species in this genus. I have maintained a couple of these species in a 10g, and a 29g, and they do not actively swim. They need a decent sized group (12 would work), floating plants, and very soft water (which you have).

I have a 7 gallon tank but itā€™s a bow front not a cube. You could do a shrimp or as @Byron suggested, Boraras Brigittae. I currently have 10 of these chili Rasbora along with many different species of Caridina shrimp which love soft water. If you heavily plant your tank you can start adding your inhabitants. I used contrasoil as my medium but any good substrate such as fluVal stratum will do. Good luck to you!
D030CC61-4C46-44A8-A3E8-886AD7C4FED5.jpeg

I realize the footprint of this tank is a bit small, but you could have a shoal of Bororas brigittae or one of the other "dwarf" rasbora species in this genus. I have maintained a couple of these species in a 10g, and a 29g, and they do not actively swim. They need a decent sized group (12 would work), floating plants, and very soft water (which you have).
I cant find anywhere near me that sells chilli rasbora but i know quite a few who sell endlers. Are they more active and do they get a bit bigger than that tank could handle?

I cant find anywhere near me that sells chilli rasbora but i know quite a few who sell endlers. Are they more active and do they get a bit bigger than that tank could handle?

These are not much different. However, if it were me, I would wait for the rasbora because they are a bright red colour and a group among plants is a lovely sight. Don't rush, you may have stores that do get the rasbora in from time to time, they are a popular nano fish.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back