Stocking questions

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Barry Tetra

Fish Aficionado
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
My friend just giveaway 5 tanks, 1 gal, 2 gal, 3 gal, 10 gal and 15 gal, here’s the questions.

1. What is the least tank size for Qt tank for fishes such as discus, angelfish and plecos

2. 1, 2, 3 Gallons stocking? That is not betta? Any recommended shrimp?

1( I wouldn't do a 15g QT tank for the discus or the angle fish. A 15g tank would be a nice Pleco QT tank. (Not as a forever home)

2( I wouldn't do a betta in any of those tanks. I just think that they are frankly to small. I wouldn't put a betta in anything smaller than a 5g tank. I used to have one in 2.5g tank and he was not happy. He barely had any room to swim.

I would use the 1g and 2g tanks for plant tanks. The 3g you could maybe use for some yellow, blue dream, or cherry shrimp. Your choice. (Also, red and black crystal shrimp really look good. ;))

1( I wouldn't do a 15g QT tank for the discus or the angle fish. A 15g tank would be a nice Pleco QT tank. (Not as a forever home)

2( I wouldn't do a betta in any of those tanks. I just think that they are frankly to small. I wouldn't put a betta in anything smaller than a 5g tank. I used to have one in 2.5g tank and he was not happy. He barely had any room to swim.

I would use the 1g and 2g tanks for plant tanks. The 3g you could maybe use for some yellow, blue dream, or cherry shrimp. Your choice. (Also, red and black crystal shrimp really look good. ;))
I might do betta in 3 gal tank because one of my betta which is now in 10 gal dont swim that much, he only sit on gravel all day long waiting for food, he only swim when he saw me.

I might do betta in 3 gal tank because one of my betta which is now in 10 gal dont swim that much, he only sit on gravel all day long waiting for food, he only swim when he saw me.
If that’s what you wish to do, by all means go for it. He may be really active while you aren’t in the room - just something to consider. :)

The tiny tanks would be best for some kind of shrimp - planted out nicely they can look really good.

The one gallon is really too small for anything though but you could try and do a mini aquascape or some kind of wabi kusa in it - some cool vids on YouTube if you are interested in it.

Wills

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back