stocking question

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

enchanted

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Would 9 Dwarf Gouramis in a 125 Gallon be a problem? I want honeys gouramis, but also want some more sunset fire and neons. :/

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

They'd be fine. Just make sure that if you have females the females out-number the males and give them floating plants or tall rooted plants to hide in if they need to.

in a 125 gal you should easily be able to get away with it to reduce a bit of aggression try matching the gouramis up in a 3f to 1m combination. Also dwarfs are a very shy fish that require alot of plants. I wouldn't recomind mixing in any other kinds of gouramis though they don't in my experience get along very well.

Actualy I'd say dwarfs only bother each other and honeys are peaceful so you shouldn't realy have a problem with combining those two.

I would be going 2 Female to 1 Male each of Sunset Fire, Neon Blue, and Honey. :)

Put in lots of plants, so much that the fish don't always see each other, and it should be fine. Just watch out during breeding time, the males tend to get huge egos around that time and often don't accept any small male gouramis around their territory, regardless of species.

Even at breeding time they should have space to get away so I wouldn't worry much. 2 females to each male sounds very good. :) Have fun! ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back