Stocking Question For A Small Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GuppyGirl20

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have a 5 gallon tank and I know you can't keep much in them I have limited space available so it was the best option for me. I currently have two male guppies (my third just died :( ) and a tiger snail. I was wondering if there is any one fish that grows no bigger than and inch and a half that I could put in with them? I'm going to put more plants in my tank before getting another fish because when I bought guppies I wasn't aware that they will fight with each other. I was thinking about an endler but I'm not sure if they are sold around where I live so I was also tossing around the idea of a molly. Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

You'd want a 30g for a molly. I'd get another guppy and leave it at that. Are they the same gender?

Ninjouzata said:
You'd want a 30g for a molly. I'd get another guppy and leave it at that. Are they the same gender?

Yea both my guppies are male. I really wish I could have a bigger tank but I live in a dorm room so I have to move it ever semester (thankfully I'm graduating real soon). Plus my boyfriend complains about my tanks (which pisses me off because it's not his responsibility but he'll jump at the chance to tell me how much a fish tank is a bad idea) so idk if I'll be able to up grade anytime soon because if we get an apartment like we've been talking about I have to respect his wishes on what he wants in the house too.

The most I'd do would be another male, but that might not be a good idea now that I think of it..two of them could gang up on the other :/ Perhaps take them back and get some endlers? Or a single betta?

If you're both paying for the apartment, and you pay for your tank, you have just as much say as he does. Not worth hurting your relationship over of course, but that's just my opinion.

I hope you can find something that works for you and keep enjoying the hobby :)

I ended up getting another male guppy because petco doesnt sale endlers :/ after my guppies run their course I'm probably going to get a betta.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back