Stocking Ok?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Freddy Robins

Reaction score
Hey y'all, so I recently finished setting up my 55 gallon planted tank and want to start stocking. Right now I only have a couple of amano shrimp (can be moved if neccessary) and wanted to add some fish. How does this sound? Are their any obvious mistakes?
9x Emperor Tetras
9x Blue King Tetras
6x Snakeskin Barbs
1x pair of apisto erythura
1x Dwarf Mexican Crayfish
How does it look? Any changes or suggestions that would look good?

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

------------------------
Crayfish should not be kept in aquariums with fish because they are nocturnal predators that track down and eat the fish at night.

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

------------------------
Crayfish should not be kept in aquariums with fish because they are nocturnal predators that track down and eat the fish at night.
My dimensions are 21 x 13 x 48. My GH is 225 ppm. KH is 180 ppm, and PH is 7.6. I have heard that the dwarf Mexican crayfish are a lot more peaceful and can be kept in a tank with fish(this could be wrong).

My dimensions are 21 x 13 x 48. My GH is 225 ppm. KH is 180 ppm, and PH is 7.6. I have heard that the dwarf Mexican crayfish are a lot more peaceful and can be kept in a tank with fish(this could be wrong).

It is wrong. Crustaceans and fish (freshwater) do not belong together. :fish:

On the intended stocking re the fish species, you have two (Apistogramma erythura and Desmopuntius rhomboocellatus (snakeskin barb) that are quiet fish. The latter can even refuse to feed with active fish annoying them. And Emperor Tetras and Blue King Tetras (presumably Boehlkea fredcochui) are fairly active swimmers.

I would also worry about the high GH and pH especially for the barbs; these come from very soft peat waters with a pH often as low as the 4's and no discernible GH/KH.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back