stocking my 15 gallon planted

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

King puff

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
How does this sound: 12 chili rasboras, 6 Asian stone catfish, 2 pom pom crabs, 2 clown killies, 2 gold neon dwarf gobies, and one or two scarlet badis. Keep in mind that it will be heavily planted by the time I add the fish and I do 50% water changes weekly on all my tanks.

Ps: Im back in the forum if anyone remembers me, and my collection has definitely grown;)

Sounds like a bit much to me.

I'd choose:

Either the Clown killies or the badis
+
Either the catfish or the gobies
+
10 chilli rasboras
+
I don't know a thing about crabs.

Will do. I was thinking because the fish are so small it would be ok. Could I just not do the clown killies and do everything else?

I would forget the crabs; these fish are all small and delicate, and in any event crabs and fish are never a good idea.

As for the fish, the gold neon dwarf gobies are problematic with these other fish, and they require different water current so this is not a good idea. But the remaining fish should be OK together. The Scarlet Badis can be fussy eaters, requiring only live food, in case you were not aware.

Personally I would go with a big school of the chili rasbora. I was going that route myself, in a smaller 9 gallon cube, but ended up with Ember Tetra instead.

I have found with nano fish that they really like to have a hiding space. Mine are active swimmers in the middle to bottom of the tank and are very appreciative of the "jungle" made up of crypts and hygrophilia that allows them to disappear when they want to.

My advice would be to stick with a large school of chili rasbora and then consider some shrimp that would be compatible with your water. A bunch of yellow sakura shrimp would contrast the red rasbora and would not antagonize the diminutive fish.

I would forget the crabs; these fish are all small and delicate, and in any event crabs and fish are never a good idea.

As for the fish, the gold neon dwarf gobies are problematic with these other fish, and they require different water current so this is not a good idea. But the remaining fish should be OK together. The Scarlet Badis can be fussy eaters, requiring only live food, in case you were not aware.
Yes, I am aware that they need live food. I have two in a smaller tank at the moment and have been feeding mosquito larvae and Daphnia daily. I’ll just leave the crabs out

Most reactions

Back