Stocking ideas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Fishyyyy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, I just wanted some future stocking ideas for my tank, what would you guys do with it?

So I have a 120 L tank which is about 31 us gallons i think. With very hard water (350 ppm), a 1200l/h filter and floating plants.

I currently have 3 male guppies, 3 male platies, 8 cherry barbs (seriously fish says they can go up to that hardness) and 5 peppered cories (didnā€™t know my water was too hard for them at the time of purchasing, which is why Iā€™ve know gone for fish which suit my water)

You might try some mollies, they like that level of hardness as well. I am not sure if you like them but mystery snails can look very nice, if you have a good lid. Endler livebearers are also an option. Heck, fill it with a rainbow of livebearers. Maybe only males, though, or you will be overrun.
Speaking of rainbows, I have been told some species of Rainbow fish also appreciate hard water. I think Dwarf Emerald Rasbora also like harder water. I have not kept them myself though. But, always verify and do research.
If you are completely resetting the tank, you might try African Rift Lake fish, as they like very hard water as well. My favorite are N. Multifasciatus (small and feisty).

Thatā€™s a lot like my tank that leaked few days back. My waters 340ppm and 8ph. WCMM or Medaka? Theyā€™re temperate water fish so may not suit your others though MrsLurch tends to dump her excess Endlers in with them and theyre thriving.

Iā€™m too tight to heat the tank, I even begrudge heating the house to be honest.

Thatā€™s a lot like my tank that leaked few days back. My waters 340ppm and 8ph. WCMM or Medaka? Theyā€™re temperate water fish so may not suit your others though MrsLurch tends to dump her excess Endlers in with them and theyre thriving.
Iā€™m too tight to heat the tank, I even begrudge heating the house to be honest.
Yeah I do like the WCMM but my tank is too hot for them I believe

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back