Stocking Ideas

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Bumblebee Grouper

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 30g tank with 5 tiger barbs and I was thinking about adding either a red tail shark or a rainbow shark and killifish. Would they fight or just casually chase eachother from time to time?

Hello, I have a 30g tank with 5 tiger barbs and I was thinking about adding either a red tail shark or a rainbow shark and killifish. Would they fight or just casually chase eachother from time to time?
Depending on the killifish I guess you should be fine

30g is too small for a red tail or rainbow shark unfortunately, but I've got no clue on killifish. Keep in mind that tiger barbs are an aggressive species, and it may be best to get a few more in your tank to avoid extreme aggression that comes from keeping them in smaller groups.

Assuming the fish are true to their inherent traits, you would not have most of them for long.

The "sharks" need a much larger tank (this has come up in other of your threads) and the RTS has a notoriety for attacking vertical-bar fish (like the Tiger Barb). Tiger Barb are fin nippers and need a larger group, say 10-12 minimum, and this could work in your 35g, on their own.

Killifish obviously would not fit in with a tank of Tiger Barb.

Assuming the fish are true to their inherent traits, you would not have most of them for long.

The "sharks" need a much larger tank (this has come up in other of your threads) and the RTS has a notoriety for attacking vertical-bar fish (like the Tiger Barb). Tiger Barb are fin nippers and need a larger group, say 10-12 minimum, and this could work in your 35g, on their own.

Killifish obviously would not fit in with a tank of Tiger Barb.
Just wondering, since you put "shark" in quotations, are they not true sharks?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back