FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Geordie Paul

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey all, another quick question! I'm finally ready to complete the stocking of my 33 gallon long! I'm looking to add a small school of mid level swimming fish but I want something colourful and not too small like tetras. Currently in my tank I have 7 corydoras and a bristlenose so I need fish that won't pick on them. I really wanted tiger barbs but I'm worried they will be too aggressive. I would also love bosmani rainbows but I think they might be too big for a 33 gallon. Maybe some ram cichlids? What are your suggestions I need some help!

PH: 7.5, ammonia: 0, nitrate: 0, nitrite: 0

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

85 IN L/40 IN W/ 39 IN H

My water is very hard. 150 GH and around 200 KH

I assume that is 150 ppm (which converts to 8.7 dH)? That is not hard at all. It is at the top end of soft, towards middling.

I assume the tank dimensions are cm., so length is 85cm/33inches, width is 40cm/15 inches and height is 39cm/15 inches. Just so we are clear. And as essjay noted, water is moderately soft.

You mentioned ram cichlids, this causes you some problems. First the blue ram in any of its varieties needs warm water, 80F/27C or preferably higher. Cories will not manage well with this. Also, rams ar best as a single fish or in a bonded pair. This appies to both blue rams and Bolivian Rams. Point being, you would only be adding one fish or maybe 2 if you did get a bonded pair. You would probably be more satisfied with some shoaling fish that would add more interest. A single Bolivian Ram could be added but not a blue/common ram.

Fish have differing activity levels when it comes to swimming. If you did go with a Bolivian Ram, being a sedate fish it does not like very active fish around it.

If those dimensions are inches, you have a 574 gallon tank rather than a 33 gallon :blink:

But if they are cm, the volume is 35 gallons.
Ok it's cm then. I just need some ideas for some fish around 2 inches to swim above my corys

Ok it's cm then. I just need some ideas for some fish around 2 inches to swim above my corys

Can you not take a measuring tap/ruler and measure the tank length and width so we know, please?

Can you not take a measuring tap/ruler and measure the tank length and width so we know, please?

Sorry my mistake. 2.7 feet long and 1.7 feet tall, 1.3 feet wide. The original website I used for the tank gave me completely wrong dimensions

85 cm = 33.5 inches, which is less than 3 feet.

I agree with Byron, you need to go and measure the tank ;)
2.7 feet long and 1.7 feet tall, 1.3 feet wide. The original website I used for the tank gave me completely wrong dimensions sorry about that

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back