Stocking Ideas for a Large Paludarium

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Alumentum

Reaction score
I'm planning on building a paludarium with a rather large water section. The measurements of the aquatic section will be 68inches long, 24 inches deep and 24 inches high and equate to approximately 165 gallons. A few fish I know I want are around 8 cherry barbs and around 15 cory cats. I'd like to have a schooling fish or two and a nice centerpiece fish but, I'm so indecisive. Any suggestions?

How is the tank going to be lit and what planting ideas do you have? My experience says it is hard to get light to the bottom of this type of setup, so you are looking at low light options. Maybe Blind cave tetras or Chocolate Gourami

Is 165 gallons the water portion or the whole tank? What are the dimensions of the portion that will have water?

What is the GH (general hardness), KH (carbonate hardness) and pH of your water supply?
This information can usually be obtained from your water supply company's website or by telephoning them. If they can't help you, take a glass full of tap water to the local pet shop and get them to test it for you. Write the results down (in numbers) when they do the tests. And ask them what the results are in (eg: ppm, dGH, or something else).

Is 165 gallons the water portion or the whole tank? What are the dimensions of the portion that will have water?
The dimensions stated is the whole aquatic portion. All together it's 68 inches long, 24 inches wide and 54 inches tall. And I'll get a test done and update.

A Paludarium, by definition is going to be soft acid and yummy for all sorts of fishes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back