Stocking idea, Peacocks and Labs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GBLShorty

Reaction score
Hi i am cycling my 60 gallon tank (42"x24"x16") on monday but once its all done i want to keep some peaceful malawi species. (after the cycle is finished).

I am going to have a rock pile at one end of the tank and i am goign to add 3 or 4 Yellow labs because i love them and they are much easier going than normal mbuna plus omnivirous. (yes i know people do not like to mix them but my experience of keeping and breeding labs has no negatives so i'm willing to try it)

The rest of the tank will be all male Peacocks.

How many and what species should i look at? i want to crowd it a bit.

Suggestions?

As far as I'm concerned all peacocks are more calm than the average mbuna, so you should be alright adding whichever ones you like. Though I'd stay away from the largest ones, like the red empress. I'd personally get several OB peacocks (some mostly blue, some mostly orange, and then a mix) as well as dragons blood/strawberries. Then I'd get some blues, eureka, black orchids or even just mixed peacocks of no particular species.

Shoot for a good 20-25 all together. Just a heads ups, labs and peacocks can and will crossbreed and you will get something like my profile pic. His mom was the peacock while dad was a yellow lab.

sounds great, just what i wanted, and i'll be mindful of the hybrids, cheers :)

Did you say yellow labs?
upload_2018-5-11_16-31-51.png

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'll see myself out...

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back