April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

fishlover<3

Reaction score
So i had a betta that recently passed away. :unsure: The good news out of that is I get to pick out new fish. I have a ten gallon tank that my betta was in all by himself. I am kinda going in the direction of a community tank, and I have some ideas but i don't know which one would work out better. I REALLY want a peaceful easy going tank, I have tried aggressive fish and I just don't like it. BTW I used http://aqadvisor.com as a guide to my stocking.

1. x2 ADF, x5 neon tetras (that makes it at a 63% stocking)

2. 1 ADF, x5 neon tetras, 3 female guppies (88%)

3. 1 ADF, x5 neon tetras, 3 female mollies (95%)

4. 1 ADF, x5 neon tetras, 5 serpae tetras (89%), kinda on edge about this one bc I have heard serpae can be fin nippers, but I figured with ADF and neon tetras it would be fine?

5. 1 ADF, x5 neon tetras, x5 zebra danios (91%), again zebras can nip, but idk?

6. 1 ADF, x5 neon tetras, 2 female mollies, and 1 female guppy (93%)

If you read this far :thanks: , as you can probably tell I want as much variety as possible.

Before we can properly advise you we need to know the dimensions of the tank and whether your water is hard or soft.

You have a mixture of soft water (the neons) and hard water (guppies, mollies) fish on your list and they're not going to do well together.

Frogs don't mix well with fish. The frogs have very poor eyesight and take a long time to find their food so, in a tank of fish, they often starve. They really do best in a tank of their own.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back