Stocking Help

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

rsturbo666

Reaction score
hi there,

i have just picked up my new 6x2x2 setup i bought it from a friend who had is set up and some fish in already it has a few convicts 2 oscars 3 plecs and 3 upside down cat fish i was just wondering what other cichlids you would all reccomend

thanks

scott

hi there,

i have just picked up my new 6x2x2 setup i bought it from a friend who had is set up and some fish in already it has a few convicts 2 oscars 3 plecs and 3 upside down cat fish i was just wondering what other cichlids you would all reccomend

thanks

scott
personally i wouldnt keep convicts with oscars.

hi there,

thanks

scott
personally i wouldnt keep convicts with oscars.

many people keep cons with oscars, generally cons are well behaved unless breeding.
Yes a con could take down an adult oscar but since the tank is big enough, they'll be alright.

thanks for the replies any cichlids you could recommend to go in the tank with them sanke007 would like some colourful ones?

thanks for the replies any cichlids you could recommend to go in the tank with them sanke007 would like some colourful ones?

When you say a few convicts how many is that? What about a Texas? Might get along okay but could be hit and miss, could be too aggressive. Electric Blue Jack Dempsey would be okay IMO - Its just the Convicts that are worrying me as they can really be a problem and its like if you have 2 a male and a female in water your going to get breeding convicts and though its a big tank its not 100% that the cons wont take something out.

Also what genders are the Oscars? A breeding pair of Oscars is not much fun either.

Wills

When you say a few convicts how many is that? What about a Texas? Might get along okay but could be hit and miss, could be too aggressive. Electric Blue Jack Dempsey would be okay IMO - Its just the Convicts that are worrying me as they can really be a problem and its like if you have 2 a male and a female in water your going to get breeding convicts and though its a big tank its not 100% that the cons wont take something out.

Also what genders are the Oscars? A breeding pair of Oscars is not much fun either.

Wills

+1

A male con has a more longer anal fin and longer flowing fin, the females are more rounded with an orange belly and their anal fin is more rounded.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back