Stocking for a 13.5 Gallon Fluval Sea Evo Tank.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I thought firefish gobys did best by themselves... they get highly aggressive when kept with similar or the same species.
Fire gobies (Nemateleotris species) are fine in groups and how I always keep them. Even in the shop we had groups of 10-20 and they always hung out together around the same rock. No fights, no arguments, just hanging out chillin together.

I have never mixed different species so I'm not sure about mixing different species of Nemateleotris together but certainly having a couple of the same species is fine.

Wow. Is their a fish that is not so expensive. Let me remind you that I only have $250 to spare. That includes buying a tank, rock, sand, heater, etc.

Wow. Is their a fish that is not so expensive. Let me remind you that I only have $250 to spare. That includes buying a tank, rock, sand, heater, etc.
Regular ocellaris clownfish are only $15 each.

When you say regular, do mean the orange and black one? I really wanted the white one.
Yes, they look like this:
03F1E24F-91AB-4149-897C-650B205F3FF1.jpeg

The “white ones” widely vary in cost, depending on the pattern.

Depending on where you get it, it can be from $80-$140/each. Definitely not a budget fish...

ok... What about the one you have as a picture. Those look nice.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-13 085233.png
    Screenshot 2021-05-13 085233.png
    29.7 KB · Views: 96
Used to have yellow gobies, they just hung around on top of the rocks watching me. So I wouldn't class them as bottom dwelling. Clowns tend to be OK with other fish until they start to breed, then the will defend their patch and the eggs

ok... What about the one you have as a picture. Those look nice.
Those are Grade A DaVinci Clownfish, which usually run about $80+ for each fish.

Used to have yellow gobies, they just hung around on top of the rocks watching me. So I wouldn't class them as bottom dwelling. Clowns tend to be OK with other fish until they start to breed, then the will defend their patch and the eggs
They are technically bottom dwellers, as that's where they spend the majority of their time. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back