Stocking Advice

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Han

Reaction score
Hello! I have a 13.5 Gallon (51L) tank currently stocked with 1 male betta splendens, 5 glowlight tetra, 5 neon tetra and 2 cherry shrimp. According to AqAdvisor my stocking level is at 79% and my filtration capacity at 154%. I was interested in getting a bottom feeder of some sort but I'm having difficulty identifying what kind of fish could be suitable, if any! Does anyone have any suggestions? The tank is planted with only a shrimp cave and small ceramic structure in terms of ornaments.

I can't think of any bottom feeders that would be suitable in a tank that small, other than more shrimp. AqAdvisor is a good starting point, but not very reliable.

Reactions: Han
Another small algae eating fish is the otocinclus, but it needs to be in schools. Your tank sounds pretty stocked as it is and adding another schooling fish isn't the best idea IMO. Maybe you should get a few nerite snails (the best algae eating thing around) or a mystery snail as they are super interesting to watch and come is several color forms.

Asian stone or banjo if you have atleast a 20in footprint

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Thanks for all your input! I was considering dwarf corys but It would definately be overstocked if I had enough of them for them be happy and although my betta is a sweetheart it's always a risk! Snails it is!

I'd say your already overstocked. Plus bettas aren't the best tankmates with tetras period.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back