Sv1fish

Reaction score
Hi I have a 190L corner tank

Currently have
2 angels
7 neon tetras
1 clown pleco
3 mollies

Do I have room to add more fish? Anyone got any recommendations? Could I add another angel or another pleco?

L144 is a beautiful pleco and stay relatively small too...they breed literally every month so if you just want a decent looking fish don't get them breeding size
I would probably double/triple the neon population as they look nice in larger groups
pea puffers have that special corner for me..I keep pure endlers in my tank which breed lots too so the puffers can do their thing and keep their numbers in check...
another good looking nano fish specially males would also be rainbow forktail

I wouldn’t keep angels and neons together unless the neons are a bigger variety like black neons. Angelfish get big enough to eat the normal variety. So I would switch the neons for something a little bigger. Like red eye tetras.

Hi I have a 190L corner tank

Currently have
2 angels
7 neon tetras
1 clown pleco
3 mollies

Do I have room to add more fish? Anyone got any recommendations? Could I add another angel or another pleco?
Firstly how big are the angels. You can certainly add more if their young. The only problem with that is if two pair off then the other could be bullied.
I wouldn’t keep angels and neons together unless the neons are a bigger variety like black neons. Angelfish get big enough to eat the normal variety. So I would switch the neons for something a little bigger. Like red eye tetras.
I would argue against that if they are housed together from a young age they should be fine at full-size. However if the angels are full size and not raised together they could attack the neons.

You can certainly get another pleco or two maybe more. If you want more fish I would recommend some Corry's or a small group of honey gourami's.

There are serious issues here, not only proposed but existing.

First, what are the source water parameters, being GH and pH? You already have fish species that are as opposite as they could be but there is some adaptability depending upon the numbers.

Second, on the angelfish. This is a big mistake. How long have you had the two together? How old/large are they? This is a fish that lives in small groups in their habitat. In an aquarium they will establish an hierarchy fairly quickly after being put together, and "intruders" are not likely to be tolerated. The two you have may suddenly decide to separate, leaving one dead very shortly, depending upon their gender and individuality. A corner 190 liter is way too small for this fish.

Most reactions

trending

Back